Saturday, August 27, 2011

Recommended Read - My Baby Has No Name by Rob Batista

My Baby Has No NameMy Baby Has No Name by Rob Batista

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was a beautiful, poignant story with a brilliant message of hope. It is about a girl who falls in love with a member of a gang and ends up pregnant. I can't say much more without giving a spoiler, but it is a really wonderful short story that I highly recommend. You really feel for all the characters involved, and the story is very realistic.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Jess,

    Thanks so much for your beautiful review of 'My Baby Has No Name'. This story, though short in length, is very powerful and as you wrote, poignant. Teachers in schools across the country are incorporating it into their classrooms. I recommend you also read my novella 'Street Angel', which is a similar story and longer in length.

    ReplyDelete