Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sorta Recommended Read - Discontents by James Wallace Birch

DiscontentsDiscontents by James Wallace Birch

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Honestly, this book wasn't for me. I wanted to love it, since I love a good crime-solver, action-packed, mystery type of book - but this book didn't pull me in, and I had a hard time finishing it.

The language was difficult, and the author was very wordy. There were several spelling errors present in the text.

However, the concept was interesting and it was very ideological. The reader follows a blogger who inadvertently ends up becoming a figurehead for a massive political movement. When he gets an offer that he can't refuse that would allow him to quit his crummy waiter job and write full time, he takes it... but finds out that not everyone can be trusted.

Overall, this story wasn't for me, but I think it would be a good read for those who like a high level of language and the idea of reading about political uprising.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment