Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Shameless Shit #3: Eat, whatever you feel like eating.

As I mentioned once before, this month saw the first vacation my husband and I have went on in several years! And I mean "VACATION", not just visiting relatives (though we did do a little of that on the side).

I did meticulous planning beforehand by looking up all the gluten-free places I could find, so we never had to really stress about finding a place for me to eat. It worked out really well except for one thing - I had hoped we would eat out less and eat in the room more, but it just didn't happen! Instead, we ate what we wanted when we wanted, and if we thought a place was too pricey we just split a gluten-free meal (much to the chagrin of my non-Celiac husband).

However, one place ruled supreme - Tommy Bahama, which offered a gluten free Pineapple Upside-Down Cheesecake! True, we really couldn't afford to eat a meal there, but we did grab dessert there twice, and it was sooooooooo incredible!

It felt nice not watching every single thing I was eating, carefully trying not to gain weight. True, my waistline paid a small price for it, but it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment