Monday, March 5, 2012

Freebie Flop - Bloodline Chronicles by Jeric L. Arbizo

Bloodline ChroniclesBloodline Chronicles by Jeric L. Arbizo

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I really wanted to enjoy this book - the premise was very cool, and it had the potential to create an epic battle between some many-talented foes. Sadly, there were A LOT of editing and grammatical errors, enough to completely destroy the story as I stumbled over mistake after mistake. In one case, it switched from past to present tense in the same paragraph for the same situation - and then it continued to happen!! It felt like it was written by a child or perhaps someone who doesn't speak English as a first language, there were soooo many errors! One of the errors was comical enough to me that it completely disrupted what was supposed to be a more dramatic moment: "...and they even caught a glimpse of a Vegan killing a mother with her baby" (p.63). If this story were cleaned up and professionally edited, there's definitely potential to be great. As it is now, it barely deserves the two stars I'm going to give it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment