Tuesday, May 1, 2012

First Reads Flop - A Shot Rang Out by Rob Adey & Rich Murkin

 A Shot Rang Out - The Tangled Life and Mysterious Death of Thomas Cauldron: Author, Spy, TraitorA Shot Rang Out - The Tangled Life and Mysterious Death of Thomas Cauldron: Author, Spy, Traitor by Rob Adey
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

A good spy story always intrigues me. Sadly, this one did not live up to my expectations. It was written in a rather boring style, and was very choppy. I liken it to a school report rather than a fluid book. Granted, it's a biography which sometimes do read dryly, but I just couldn't get into this book.

If you like dry biographies that are strictly history without any sort of fluidity to help it read better, you might like this. Otherwise, I'd suggest checking out something else.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. You did realize this was a spoof ... right? It was not an actual biography because this person never existed. It does have its choppy bits, which I imagine is because it was self-published. Nonetheless, full of humor if you realize it is not a biography.

    ReplyDelete