Friday, September 28, 2012

Flop - Building the Learning Organization by Michael J Marquardt

Building the Learning Organization: Achieving Strategic Advantage Through a Commitment to LearningBuilding the Learning Organization: Achieving Strategic Advantage Through a Commitment to Learning by Michael J. Marquardt
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This was a required reading in one of the courses I took while obtaining my Master's degree. While I liked that it wanted to cover best practices in some of the most successful companies in the world, I think that it just plain dragged along and was incredibly dry and boring. It could have easily been gleaned down to fewer pages, and have been reorganized to read a little more interestingly. While I agree that every organization should strive toward being a more flexible, learning-based organization, I don't necessarily recommend reading this book because it is so uninteresting.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment