Friday, December 21, 2012

Recommended Read: Taggerung by Brian Jacques

Taggerung (Redwall, #14)Taggerung by Brian Jacques
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved the extra dose of mysticism and signs that hung throughout this tale. We meet an otter who is kidnapped at birth to become a legendary figure among a tribe of vermin, but who knows deep down that he is meant for something else.
This is one of the more fast-paced novels in the Redwall series, filled with a whole lot of chasing and adventure! The characters are lovable as always, and we say goodbye to a sweet creature who is featured in many of the books in the series.
True to his form, Brian Jacques once again provides us with an excellent literary masterpiece worthy of being part of the Redwall series.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this series!!!! He is a fantastic writer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the Redwall series. A couple years ago I took them off my bookshelves to sell because I hadn't read them in so long, but they've always managed to escape the give-away pile. I even had them out for sale at my last yard sale, and none of them sold. They ended up back in my living room, and I think they're just going to stay with me. I guess my future kids can read them :)

    ReplyDelete