Friday, February 8, 2013

Flop - House of Earth by Woody Guthrie

House of EarthHouse of Earth by Woody Guthrie
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I received an advance review copy of this book, so perhaps some of what I will bring up has been corrected. Regardless, I did not enjoy this book.

The first thing that turned me off was the too-long introduction at the beginning, that took up about 1/5 of the book itself! It probably should have just been added as a discussion at the end for readers who actually cared to know any of the back story of the author.

Then, the story just didn't work for me - usually I love stories about the plains states and survival, but something about this story felt too off to really grab my attention. Perhaps it was the raw sexuality.

Regardless, despite my best efforts, I ended up giving up about halfway through and not finishing this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment