Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sorta Recommended Read - Confessions of a Teenage Hermaphrodite by Lianne Simon

Confessions of a Teenage HermaphroditeConfessions of a Teenage Hermaphrodite by Lianne Simon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The "voice" this was written in made it difficult to follow at points, though symbolically it may have stood for the main character's gender confusion. The beginning and end were not terribly interesting, but the middle was riveting and made the book worth reading! This book helps bring forth the issues of intersex individuals in a decidedly unenlightened - and often discriminatory - culture. I applaud the author for tackling such a difficult issue.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Did you win this from Goodreads Giveaways? I keep seeing it offered there, and the cover drew me in, but I guess the description of it didn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the author actually contacted me and offered it to me as a review copy. :) But yes, I get a lot of my books from Goodreads giveaways as well! :)

    ReplyDelete