Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Recommended Read - The Round House by Louise Edrich

The Round HouseThe Round House by Louise Erdrich
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A poignant coming-of-age story flavored with the rich and often painful history of the Native American struggle in the United States. When I was in college I had the opportunity to work closely with some amazing Native Americans whose stories were loosely echoed here - stories of poverty and injustice over shared fry bread. I felt just as deeply for the characters in this story as I did for my friends in real life, and it was an appropriate book to begin reading on V-Day.
There were a few slow parts that left me slightly bored, but overall it was a beautiful and soulful story.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Hey, How are going on?
    Hi, good post. I have been thinking about this issue, so thanks for sharing. I will definitely be coming back to your blog. I am a program professional by profession. I used to create from my own activities which seems useful to others. Have u ever think about wood made created Wooden business cards, facilitates with create on wood made created, wood made created wedding credit cards and so on. Customwoodencards.com is better choice for that. The main place of usage for Customwoodencards.com computer thin wood made created dentures are for posting specifications to produce a unique and stylish product different from papers. I think Customwoodencards.com will be a great choice for posting on wood made created.
    Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello , Jessica L Buike

    I reading your blog on House style that is very essential for our safety life . This blog very Amazing ! I learned many things by this your blog . Get cheap wood business cards Click here. We provide best services to our clients.

    Many many congratulation for your Article.



    ReplyDelete