Saturday, August 31, 2013

Recommended Read - Shades of Secrecy by Mikayla Olsson

Shades of SecrecyShades of Secrecy by Mikayla Olsson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was so refreshing for me to stumble upon this book - an independently published book that has no glaring grammatical or spelling errors!! Not only that, but it had a wonderfully lyrical and flowing prose style that carried the story forward gracefully. The plot was interesting and the relative normality of the main character was easy to relate to, especially how she interacted with her mother's cat (of course, me being a cat person, I could be biased). I did think that there could have been more plot development regarding the intricacies of the mother's illness, but otherwise this was a solid read and one I feel comfortable recommending.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment