Friday, April 4, 2014

Flop - Acid Alkaline Diet for Dummies by Julie Wilkinson

Acid Alkaline Diet for DummiesAcid Alkaline Diet for Dummies by Julie Wilkinson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I figured a book for dummies might be a good place to start to learn more about this diet, but sadly I still found some of it to be too confusing to truly understand. I didn't like how the author basically stated over and over again that she was the right, trusted source and that the reader shouldn't do any other research on their own outside of her book. The recipes relied heavily on tofu and stevia, two foods that I avoid because they make me feel ill, and it felt like the author also preached vegetarianism and that meat is evil, which is contrary to other sources on acid-alkaline diets. Overall, I didn't walk away feeling excited or even interested in this diet and felt more confused about what is healthy overall.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment