Monday, September 8, 2014

Sorta Recommended Read - Children of Paradise by Fred Aguiar

Children of Paradise: A NovelChildren of Paradise: A Novel by Fred D'Aguiar
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I both loved and hated this book, which I received an Advance Copy of prior to final editing. I loved the inside look of a "Koolaid Cult", for lack of a better description, and the religious obedience ingrained into every single act. It was masterfully scary, terrifyingly realistic and yet so unbelievable that you knew it could happen anywhere at any time. However, the story did have some bits and pieces that felt disjointed and confused the overall plot, and some of the characters felt forced. I also found the ending to be a bit confusing, jumping between two alternates with no clear conclusion as to which was real.

Overall, this was a solid read but could use a little more clarity for my tastes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment