Monday, September 29, 2014

Sorta Recommended Read - Satchel & Sword I: The Search for the Saluka Stone by Claudette Marco

Satchel & Sword I: The Search for the Saluka StoneSatchel & Sword I: The Search for the Saluka Stone by Claudette Marco
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had the pleasure of running into this author at a comic con, and always like to support indie authors at those events so I grabbed a copy of the book! I love the overall theme of the book following Amazon warriors and involving trickery and magic and all things awesome.

That being said, sadly there was one thing that really made this book tedious - the horrible poetic writing! The phrasing was forced and unnatural, making reading difficult even for someone like myself who reads somewhere around 100+ books per year! If the language was re-written so that the story had a natural flow, it would be a much much better book.

Final thoughts - great underlying story, but it's hidden under unnecessary and annoying verbiage. I'm not sure I'd have the energy to devote to another book in this series despite how much I enjoy the characters!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment